The growing network perimeter is a fact of life. Attacks on corporate networks can take many forms, such as viruses, backdoors, denial of service (DoS) attacks, macros, remote logins, phishing emails, social engineering, and spam. In this evolving threat landscape,...
WatchGuard Release Announcement: Fireware and WSM 11.11 and Dimension 2.1
Software Release Updates WatchGuard is excited to announce the availability of major updates to our software: Fireware 11.11, WSM 11.11, and Dimension 2.1. The new releases include enhancements to provide stronger security and increased visibility across the entire network for distributed enterprises and small and midsize businesses (SMBs). Among the hundreds of new features, key highlights include:
Fireware 11.11 and WSM 11.11
- • Network Discovery: a subscription service that generates a visual map of every connected device, providing Firebox administrators total visibility into all assets on their network.
- • Botnet Detection: integrated into the Reputation Enabled Defense service. Customers gain real-time visibility into infected clients and command and control communication is immediately blocked.
- • Mobile Security: allows Firebox administrators to enforce access controls and only allow mobile devices that adhere to current corporate policies, and are free of malware.
- • RADIUS SSO: enables Single Sign-On with existing RADIUS authentication servers for wireless networks.
- • Explicit Proxy: enables support of legacy network architectures that have a gateway defined at all clients for internet traffic.
- • Multiple guest hotspots: allows broader use case coverage from a single firewall, such as guest and conference room access.
The What's New in 11.11 presentation provides extensive details of all new features in Fireware and WSM.
- • Subscription Services Dashboard: a reporting interface that gives businesses a comprehensive performance summary with statistics to show what has been scanned by a Firebox and attacks or malware that have been prevented.
- • Policy Usage Report: a new report that provides valuable insight into how frequently policies are used, thereby enabling IT teams to keep firewall policies current and eliminate unnecessary or unused policies.
- • User Anonymization: an innovative feature that enables businesses to conform to data privacy regulations, such as the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation framework.
The What's New in Dimension 2.1 presentation provides comprehensive coverage of all the new features.
Does This Release Pertain to Me? The Fireware release applies to all Firebox and XTM appliances, except XTM 21/21-W, 22/22-W, or 23/23-W.
- • Network Discovery is only available on Firebox appliances (T10/30/50, and M200/300/400/440/500, Firebox M4600/5600) and XTMv. It is a new subscription service included in the UTM Security Suite. WatchGuard has added Network Discovery to all current, eligible models, including NFR models for partners. You can sync up your feature key to get the update.
- • Botnet Detection is included with Reputation Enabled Defense license on all Firebox and XTM models.
- • Mobile Security is a new add-on subscription service which is not included in the suite. It is not included in NFRs.
- • Free trials are available for the new services, Mobile Security and Network Discovery.
Software Download Center Firebox and XTM appliance owners with active support subscriptions can obtain this update without additional charge by downloading the applicable packages from the WatchGuard Software Download Center. Please read the Release Notes before you upgrade to understand what’s involved. Known Issues are now listed in the Knowledge Base when logged in at the WatchGuard website.
Contact Information For Sales or Support questions, you can find phone numbers for your region online. If you contact WatchGuard Technical Support, please have your registered appliance Serial Number or Partner ID available.
More WatchGuard News Posts
Over the past few years, we have seen how cyberattacks have grown more frequent.Read now
According to a study published by Verizon, 80% of data breaches are due to stolen passwords. Hence credential managers have become key tools to protect against cyberattacks and data exfiltration, shielding MSPs and their customers.Read now
Original price $718.75 - Original price $2,630.00Original price$718.75 - $2,630.00$718.75 - $2,630.00Current price $718.75
Perfect as a stand-alone firewall solution or as a VPN gateway for centralized traffic inspection, Firebox T20 is a small appliance that brings bi...View full detailsOriginal price $718.75 - Original price $2,630.00Original price$718.75 - $2,630.00$718.75 - $2,630.00Current price $718.75
Original price $657.00 - Original price $2,490.00Original price $657.00$821.25 - $3,112.50$821.25 - $3,112.50Current price $821.25
ENTERPRISE-GRADE SECURITY FOR SMALL AND HOME OFFICES Perfect as a stand-alone firewall solution or as a VPN gateway for centralized traffic insp...View full detailsOriginal price $657.00 - Original price $2,490.00Original price $657.00$821.25 - $3,112.50$821.25 - $3,112.50Current price $821.25
Original price $1,151.25 - Original price $6,956.25Original price$1,151.25 - $6,956.25$1,151.25 - $6,956.25Current price $1,151.25
A customizable, high-performance tabletop firewall with optional port expansion modules to adapt to your changing needs. Businesses today are de...View full detailsOriginal price $1,151.25 - Original price $6,956.25Original price$1,151.25 - $6,956.25$1,151.25 - $6,956.25Current price $1,151.25
Original price $1,301.25 - Original price $4,921.25Original price$1,301.25 - $4,921.25$1,301.25 - $4,921.25Current price $1,301.25
A small-footprint security powerhouse that brings enterprise-level network security to small branch offices. WatchGuard’s Firebox T40 brings ent...View full detailsOriginal price $1,301.25 - Original price $4,921.25Original price$1,301.25 - $4,921.25$1,301.25 - $4,921.25Current price $1,301.25
Original price $1,043.00 - Original price $6,595.00Original price $1,043.00$1,303.75 - $8,243.75$1,303.75 - $8,243.75Current price $1,303.75
HIGH-PERFORMANCE SECURITY THAT EVOLVES WITH YOUR NETWORK A customizable, high-performance tabletop firewall with optional port expansion modules...View full detailsOriginal price $1,043.00 - Original price $6,595.00Original price $1,043.00$1,303.75 - $8,243.75$1,303.75 - $8,243.75Current price $1,303.75