The growing network perimeter is a fact of life. Attacks on corporate networks can take many forms, such as viruses, backdoors, denial of service (DoS) attacks, macros, remote logins, phishing emails, social engineering, and spam. In this evolving threat landscape,...
WatchGuard - Wi-Fi Cloud 8.5 Now Available
We are happy to announce the availability of Wi-Fi Cloud 8.5. This latest version of the Wi-Fi Cloud simplifies configuration steps for IT administrators, enhances Wi-Fi service quality in environments with multiple access points (APs) using automatic power optimisation, and adds a new cloud integration mode for the AP420 to better support large WIPS sensor overlay deployments. Automatic Transmit Power Control (TPC)
- WatchGuard access points managed by the Wi-Fi Cloud automatically adjust their transmit power levels for optimum levels to avoid interference with each other, which provides a better quality of service for connected users. The new feature requires background scanning to be enabled for 2 radio APs (AP120, AP320, AP322) and is automatically supported with 3 radio APs (AP420).
Consolidated AP Configuration Template
- All WatchGuard access point models are now managed with a single AP (device) template in the Wi-Fi Cloud. All device types will be managed through a single configuration within the template, instead of having a separate configuration for each device type. Unique, model-specific attributes are managed with the consolidated template and only used by the AP model to which they apply, saving administrators valuable time.
Cloud Integration Point (CIP) mode for AP420 only
- As a reminder, WatchGuard APs can be installed (overlaid) alongside any brand of Wi-Fi access point and configured as WIPS sensors to add additional security protection to an existing Wi-Fi network without having to rip and replace the existing 3rd party APs.
- Supported on the AP420, CIP makes managing larger WIPS sensor overlay deployments easier on administrators by integrating with Cisco, Aruba, and HP Wi-Fi controllers to enable Wi-Fi Cloud to fetch information on devices managed by the 3rd party controller. The Wi-Fi Cloud can use this information for Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS) classification and location tracking of devices.
- Integration with Enterprise Security Management servers enables Wi-Fi Cloud to send events and audit logs to these servers, so administrators can use their existing infrastructure to manage Wi-Fi Cloud events and logs.
- For more information on configuring CIP mode, read our knowledge base article.
Access points with active Wi-Fi Cloud subscriptions will need to have their firmware upgraded to 8.5 to leverage these new features. If an automatic firmware upgrade schedule is configured in your Wi-Fi Cloud account, your APs will automatically be upgraded, otherwise please read our help article on updating AP firmware in Wi-Fi Cloud. When WatchGuard APs are managed with the Wi-Fi Cloud you get strong set-up, management and reporting features including:
- Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS) delivering strongest security with advanced patented Marker Packet™ technology to:
- Automatically and accurately identify wireless devices on your network and neighboring APs external to your network
- Detect and prevent rogue APs
- Detect and prevent man-in-the-middle, evil twin, and honeypot attacks
- Engaging guest portal experiences
- Powerful location-based analytics
- Ability to go from 1 to unlimited access points with no controller infrastructure
More WatchGuard News Posts
Over the past few years, we have seen how cyberattacks have grown more frequent.Read now
According to a study published by Verizon, 80% of data breaches are due to stolen passwords. Hence credential managers have become key tools to protect against cyberattacks and data exfiltration, shielding MSPs and their customers.Read now
Original price $718.75 - Original price $2,630.00Original price$718.75 - $2,630.00$718.75 - $2,630.00Current price $718.75
Perfect as a stand-alone firewall solution or as a VPN gateway for centralized traffic inspection, Firebox T20 is a small appliance that brings bi...View full detailsOriginal price $718.75 - Original price $2,630.00Original price$718.75 - $2,630.00$718.75 - $2,630.00Current price $718.75
Original price $657.00 - Original price $2,490.00Original price $657.00$821.25 - $3,112.50$821.25 - $3,112.50Current price $821.25
ENTERPRISE-GRADE SECURITY FOR SMALL AND HOME OFFICES Perfect as a stand-alone firewall solution or as a VPN gateway for centralized traffic insp...View full detailsOriginal price $657.00 - Original price $2,490.00Original price $657.00$821.25 - $3,112.50$821.25 - $3,112.50Current price $821.25
Original price $1,151.25 - Original price $6,956.25Original price$1,151.25 - $6,956.25$1,151.25 - $6,956.25Current price $1,151.25
A customizable, high-performance tabletop firewall with optional port expansion modules to adapt to your changing needs. Businesses today are de...View full detailsOriginal price $1,151.25 - Original price $6,956.25Original price$1,151.25 - $6,956.25$1,151.25 - $6,956.25Current price $1,151.25
Original price $1,301.25 - Original price $4,921.25Original price$1,301.25 - $4,921.25$1,301.25 - $4,921.25Current price $1,301.25
A small-footprint security powerhouse that brings enterprise-level network security to small branch offices. WatchGuard’s Firebox T40 brings ent...View full detailsOriginal price $1,301.25 - Original price $4,921.25Original price$1,301.25 - $4,921.25$1,301.25 - $4,921.25Current price $1,301.25
Original price $1,043.00 - Original price $6,595.00Original price $1,043.00$1,303.75 - $8,243.75$1,303.75 - $8,243.75Current price $1,303.75
HIGH-PERFORMANCE SECURITY THAT EVOLVES WITH YOUR NETWORK A customizable, high-performance tabletop firewall with optional port expansion modules...View full detailsOriginal price $1,043.00 - Original price $6,595.00Original price $1,043.00$1,303.75 - $8,243.75$1,303.75 - $8,243.75Current price $1,303.75